9 Things Happy People Never Ever Do
Happy People never…
1. Gossip. Gossip hurts and is destructive to any situation where it is found. Happy People think about the words they use because they know you become that which you speak.
Passing on mindless information about another person is a thoughtless act that happy people are unwilling to do.
2. Hold Grudges. Forgive people and move forward. Happy People don’t waste energy lugging baggage from past hurts, upsets, or disagreements around. They forgive others and move on.
Forgiveness is not saying, “What you did to me is right.” It’s saying, “I’m not going to allow what you did to me to ruin my happiness forever.” Remember for every minute you hold on to past hurts you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
3. Blame Others. Happy People own up to how their actions and words show up in the world. They accept total responsibility for EVERY SINGLE thing that is happening in their life. Drama does not just walk into your life. Either you create it, invite it, or associate with it.
4. Make Assumptions. Fact: you cannot read people’s minds. Truth: you will always misinterpret, misrepresent, and misunderstand what someone is communicating when you make assumptions.
Happy People rely on ancient tried and tested tools called “active listening” and “asking questions”, canceling the need to assume.
5. Live in the fantasy of an easy life. Real life has ups and downs, highs and lows, good and bad experiences—that is life. Life without difficultly is not life, it’s a lie you made up about a fantasy you created in your mind, so everything would be easy—stop living in a fantasy.
Wake up and know that every difficulty you face is God’s way of letting you know your ready for a jump in your life. Trials are the common lot of humankind. We all face them, and we cannot escape them, so the best thing we can do is let them work in our favor to build in us character and maturity.
6. Ignore Intuition. You define your own life based on how you feel. Don’t let other people write your life’s story for you. If something feels wrong for you, then it is wrong for YOU.
Happy People are tuned in to how they feel every second of everyday because they trust the intuitive guidance from within.
7. Maintain Unhealthy Relationships. Saying goodbye is one of the most painful ways to solve a problem. But sometimes it’s necessary. As we grow up, we become more aware of who we are and it’s important to make edits to our relationships to accommodate our personal growth and development.
Remember healthy relationships don’t hurt. Lying, cheating and disregarding peoples values and feelings hurt. Happy people choose their relationships carefully as to avoid unnecessary pain.
8. Work in their comfort zone. Happy People constantly push themselves outside of the comfort zone, whether it’s sky-diving, traveling, or tweeting, happy people dare themselves out of comfort almost everyday.
Happy people know that significant moments of personal growth and success exist just outside the boundary of their comfort zone.
9. Pretend to be Happy. Bad, horrible, unexplainable things happen everyday and to everyone at some point. Happy people are ok with not being happy all the time. Because they know that you can’t enjoy a rainbow with experiencing a little rain.
So don’t be afraid to breakdown once in a while—a breakdown is just a setup for a breakthrough.